Thursday, March 1, 2012

Yummy Vegan Tacos

Ok so as you all know; I am Mexican, which means, I love Mexican food. No, I adore Mexican food haha. 
However, it has become increasingly annoying -as we go out to "Mexican" restaurants- for me to find something on the menu that I can actually eat. And if anyone says the words "spinach enchiladas" to me one more time, I will scream.... but I digress... We have been lucky to find some places in Houston with decent vegan options but today, I have outdone them all with my extremely yummy vegan tacos ; ) so I simply had to share this recipe before I forgot just how I made it. 
Hope you like it as much as I did.

5 to 6 mushrooms, chopped length wise

1\2 (for one person) cup nopales

2 corn tortillas 
A handful of eggplant chopped length wise

Handful of sliced carrots

As much salsa verde and salsa as you'd like

1 lime

Salt to taste

2 stems of asparagus (chopped)

A handful of cilantro

1/2 an avocado

Add nopales to your pan and cook on high heat for about five minutes, then add all remaining ingredients except for one half of the lemon and the salsas.
Heat tortillas separately while the stuffing for your tacos cooks. (Should be about seven minutes for the tortillas and about ten for the stuffing)

Once everything is cooked, stuff your tortillas, add the remaining lime juice, avocado and salsas and enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment