Sunday, June 10, 2012

Simple Ear Pasta with Veggies

So one of the perks of being a vegetarian is being able to enjoy nutritious veggies at any time in any dish imaginable! So, while my amazing hubby creates a little pasta with sausage (I know, ew, sausage, blech), I am amping my pasta up with a ton of nutrients and flavor ;) Hope you enjoy this easy dish.






What you will need:

1 bag of organic pasta (in this case, ear shaped)
1/2 cup red kale
1/2 cup spinach, arugula mix
pomodoro sause (ok, ok, I was lazy so I bought the pre-made organic kind)
handful daiya cheese or mozzarella cheese
dash salt
water

What to do:

Fill a stock pot 3/4 of the way and then bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and allow to cook until al dente. When the pasta is ready, drain and set a side.
In a separate sauce pan, add the pomodoro sauce and the dash of salt (or salt to taste), then bring this to a simmer and add mixture to the pasta.
In a separate pan, add your veggies until they become soft, and then add the pasta and cheese.
Serve, and eat :) Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment